A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

November 14, 2013

"Honey, a dirty and faithful filly"




... I pulled the tarp I'd covered Honey with, off her and sighed heavily with disgust at myself for the condition I'd left her in.  When I'd decided to fly back to California, and move in for my trial run with Gaier, I'd left in such a hurry that I didn't bother to clean Honey after her 2,400-mile trip out there.  She was a mess and my heart ached for her.  When I pushed her starter button she creaked and squeaked with the metal on metal sound of two months of not being started.

She reminded me of me, when I get up in the morning.  Creek… groan… ache… pop… snap… twinge…  It took about 10 full seconds of grinding away, before she finally made a sputter.  Then quickly another gasping grasp at ignition, and then about 15 or 20 seconds of a faltering rough idle before she obediently settled into her beautiful soft purring.  Never has there been a more faithful filly.

I walked her out front, gave her a quick sponge bath, and got her packed for our trip.  It would be time better used to get on the road, rather than spend the three hours it would take to thoroughly clean her… just so she could get dirty again.  Poor Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment