A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

June 20, 2015

Another Ania Contribution... THANK YOU!




Hoover Dam Bypass – US 93

U.S. Route 93 is a major highway that runs north and south on the western side of the country, spanning nearly the entire country. At 1,457 miles, U.S. 93 is quite the highway, and it encompasses many smaller highways throughout many different states. But one stretch of this infamous road is worth a ride on your motorcycle, as the scenic views are simply out of this world. Connecting two states and crossing the Colorado River, the Hoover Dam Bypass is the most exhilarating ride motorcyclists can enjoy on U.S. 93. Now with a newly constructed bridge that opened in 2010, the views and ride are even more exhilarating than ever before. 




While the bridge itself on the Hoover Dam Bypass is the highlighted feature of this motorcycle ride, it's only but a 2,000-foot ride across the Colorado River. However, riders are nearly 900 feet above the river, therefore the views surrounding the Hoover Dam are simply breathtaking. Impressively built, the duration of the Hoover Dam Bypass is a full 3.5 miles of highway, beginning in Clark County, Nevada and ending in Mohave County, Arizona. But don't let this short stretch of road deter you from visiting, because it's really a must-see experience in order to enjoy.

Surrounding areas of the Hoover Dam Bypass along U.S. 93 are very sparse with vegetation and sometimes desolate with populations, but the region embodies Western motifs ever present in American culture. While the roads themselves can appear flat, the area is known for having amazing natural peaks and valleys, giving riders even more to soak in while cruising along the Hoover Dam Bypass. There are no steep inclines or sharp, twisting turns found on mountain roads, but the Hoover Dam Bypass and surrounding roads of the U.S. 93 are simply magnificent for motorcyclists.

Riders will want to pack really light for their Hoover Dam excursions, as temperatures remain fairly warm year round. Of course, winter months can see temperatures dip into the low 60s or even high 50s, with high winds creating an even cooler breeze for riders. However, more often than not, your ride across the Hoover Dam Bypass will be greeted with warm, desert air. For cruisers, the River Road Harrier Vest makes a great choice pretty much anytime of the year, while sport riders may want to wear something like the Viking Cycle Asger Motorcycle Jacket From Motorcycle House to improve both comfort and mobility.

The Hoover Dam Bypass along U.S. 93 is a true American motorcycle riding experience. With plenty of lodging in both Nevada and Arizona, riders can come and go as they please, ensuring that the ride and the journey getting there are both equally as enjoyable. The fun certainly doesn't stop when you've reached the end of the Bypass, as U.S. 93 takes riders into varying terrains and states out West. If you're feeling really adventurous, start your journey in Wickenburg, AZ and complete the nearly-1,500-mile route North until you've reached Canada. Additionally, U.S. 93 crosses many different major highway systems along its duration, allowing riders to easily access the highway and travel to the Hoover Dam Bypass anyway they choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment